Pages

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Proxy Graphics Warning Messages

I have started using AutoCAD 2011and setting up the UI so it is like my AutoCAD 2010 installation.

I have noticed that I am getting this message when I am opening some older projects and architectural files created with systems older than ACAD 2007:



















If I cannot download the object enabler for the objects that are contained in the drawing, I will always get this message. No matter what option I pick at this point, the next time you open the drawing, I will see this message again.
To make sure these objects are shown every time, type in the following command:
PROXYSHOW
Set this to “1” to get a graphic display of the objects in question. If you set it to “0”, then the graphics will not show. If you set it to “2”, then you will get a bounding box around where the object should be.
Now to never get that warning message again, type in the following command:
PROXYNOTICE
Set this to “0” and that Proxy Information box will not show up again when you are opening these types of drawings.
Alternately, you can find this setting here in the Options menu under the Open and Save tab:
 

No comments:

Post a Comment